Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Lots of snow, great time to stay in bed.

It's been snowing off and on since about 6pm yesterday and more is expected today and tomorrow.  Normally, I'd be ecstatic about it, but I've been feeling exhausted and depressed so much these past few months.

Today, I'm working a full 8 hours.  I'm not sure if I can last for that long of a shift.  You see, the kidney stone that's been causing me periodic grief is being removed (actually pulverized) on Thursday.  It's impact on my health over the past months has been very evident and it's time to evict the unwanted guest.  The past week I've been more and more exhausted, needing a nap before I go to work in the evening.  That helps tremendously.

Today and tomorrow, I open.  That means being there from 8-5.  At least when I work the closing shift, I can rest before going in at 4 or 5pm.  I'm hoping the snow will keep customers away so they start letting people go home early.  For now, there's just a feeling of dread.

I'll let you know how the whole kidney thing goes.  It's out-patient, but I won't be released to go back to work until Monday.

Till then!
Patti

No comments: